Alvaro Morata opens up on Chelsea nightmare and begs Atletico Madrid to sign him permanently

Alvaro Morata opens up on Chelsea nightmare and begs Atletico Madrid to sign him permanently
Alvaro Morata has lifted the lid on his Chelsea hell and pleaded with Atletico Madrid to sign him permanently so he never has to return.The Spanish striker is currently on an 18-month loan with Atletico from Stamford Bridge – but his Blues career is surely over in light of these recent comments.Morata has returned to form since joining Atletico on loangetty2
Morata has returned to form since joining Atletico on loan
Morata, who struggled for form in west London after arriving for a then-club-record 60million, claims he was not appreciated by the Stamford Bridge faithful, which left him feeling isolated.“I had lost confidence in myself previously. I was very upset by the opinion of the people in England. I think they caught me in the middle of everything,” he told Goal.“I didn’t quite feel loved or appreciated by the club or the fans. I started very well at Chelsea, but an injury in the end leaves you a bit stuck.“As bad as it was, I still scored 15 goals and won the FA Cup… but I was out of the World Cup, and for me that was the hardest thing that could happen to me in my life.“Ive dreamed of being able to play in a World Cup since I was 10 years old, and I chose Chelsea because I thought it would be the best club to later be able to play in the World Cup.“Now, signing for Atletico has been the best thing that could happen to me in my life. “I had a very bad time in London. In the end I was training alone. I talked to Maurizio Sarri and he told me some things that I knew were not going to be as he had said. I was very nervous. My wife was in shock with me.“I already knew that I could sign for Atletico if everything went well, and they had four games previously [before Morata officially signed for them on January 29]. I saw them all at home with my wife and she was amazed! She does not like football very much, and she did not understand how I could get like this, so crazy, watching Atletico games, screeching at home, nervous, when I was not an Atletico player yet.“It’s a story I’d like to tell very slowly in the future. I went from being tied on the same amount of goals as [Mohamed] Salah and [Harry] Kane at the start of the first year, and people made a song about me, I could not even go out in London! And one day I get up with a shooting pain in my back, my level goes down, and they start telling me everything [referring to criticism about him] in England. You are supposed to be respected by fans, but you know…”Alvaro Morata never performed like a 60million player at Chelseagetty2
Alvaro Morata never performed like a 60million player at Chelsea
Things have improved dramatically for Morata since his return to Spain.After struggling for goals under Maurizio Sarri, he bagged six in the second half of the La Liga season for Atletico.His loan spell expires at the end of next season, but the 26-year-old is desperate to spend the rest of his career in Madrid.He added: “I think in the end it was destiny [moving back to Atletico]. I left Atletico, and every so often I had the opportunity to return, although not so often when I was younger. When you have a bad time in a place, you don’t have that chance often [to return].“It motivated me a lot that Simeone called me, no matter the club I was at, and told me that I could be important in Atletico. The people have welcomed me warmly here, even in the difficult situation that it was. The squad and the club staff have changed my life.

LIVE ON talkSPORT

talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here's what's coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2...
  • Portugal vs Switzerland (Wednesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT
  • Netherlands vs England (Thursday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT
  • France vs South Korea (Friday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
  • Denmark vs Republic of Ireland (Friday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
  • Croatia vs Wales (Saturday, 2pm) – talkSPORT
  • England vs Scotland (Sunday, 5pm) – talkSPORT
“As I arrive at the training centre, you can see in people’s faces when they trust you. When you are in the dressing room ahead a game, you see how your team-mates look at you.“At Chelsea there came a time when my team-mates, except for the Spaniards, well… you know, it is not the same when you play and you know that you give a pass to someone who is not going to do as well. You do not give the pass in the same way. Everyone who has played football once will understand that.“And in the end, it is a situation that you cannot control: it is neither about being positive or negative, or about trying to have fun or being worried. It’s the confidence that others have in you: your team-mates, the club… And I found it here at Atletico.“I have said it many times: there is a moment in which there are things that surpass fame, money and everything. Thank God, at Atletico I’ve been able to have a bit of all of this, but I would love to be here every year that I’m able to play at the highest level.“I want to stay at Atletico but, contractually, Chelsea can call me back. We will see what happens in the negotiations between them, but the two clubs already know what I want. I only ask, please, as I said to Atletico, do everything possible to do it as soon as possible. Because I just want to be here.”

David Duckenfield denies thecharge of manslaughter by gross negligence of 95 Liverpool supporters
Adrian Durham slams Arsenal boss Unai Emery for starting Petr

Allez Allez Allez – The Liverpool Champions League song

Explore Catherine Watkins's board "Leicester City Football" on Pinterest. See more ideas about Leicester city fc, Leicester city football and English premier league.
Kasper Schmeichel - Latest breaking news, rumours and gossip

Manchester United target Kalidou Koulibaly makes the list

Wembley ticket rush The Football Association has sold more than 20,000 tickets for England's friendly against the United States since Rooney's one-off international comeback was confirmed, an
Wayne Rooney's farewell drives Wembley ticket rush | TODAY.NG

Bale scored a sensational bicycle kick in last year’s final

Angus Gunn for Scotland? Alex McLeish reveals private messages to goalkeeper's dad. Southampton goalkeeper's father Bryan was capped six times by Scotland and is a former team mate of McLeish.
Alex McLeish keeping tabs on Angus Gunn - Football Paradise

The highly-entertaining game ebbed and flowed and is extremely great value to watch!

Liverpool loanee and Rangers winger Ryan Kent is in line to receive a two-match ban following a shove on Celtic captain Scott Brown. An angered Kent pushed Brown after James Forrest bagged a late winning goal in the Old Firm derby at Celtic Park. The 22-year-old was given a notice of complaint
Rangers winger Ryan Kent facing two-match ban after Old Firm



Chelsea fans will LOVE what Maurizio Sarri told reporter before Man Utd clash • CHELSEA fans will be happy with what Maurizio Sarri said before today's clash with Manchester United.
What Tottenham Hotspur must do to finish above Arsenal for
sports.froodl.com/football/english-premier-league/what-tottenham-hotspur-must-do-to-finish-above-arsenal-for-third-successive-season-and-avoid-st-totteringhams-day/
The era of St Totteringham's Day is close to being declared over after Arsenal's 3-0 defeat at the hands of Leicester City. Tottenham's own defeat, at home to West Ham, threatened to dump them out of the Premier League top four, but another slip up from the Gunners may have saved them.
Can Gonzalo Higuain fill Chelsea's Diego Costa-shaped hole

Wilfried Zaha will be on the radars of several clubs

Steven Gerrard: Rangers manager shrugs off abuse as police investigate sectarian chants There were cries of 'sad orange b******' directed at Gerrard during Rangers' midweek defeat by Aberdeen By
Steven Gerrard: Rangers manager shrugs off abuse as police

Kylian Mbappe was left frustrated

Harry Maguire reveals he does not respect Matej Vydra after crunching tackle left Czech Republic striker regretting targeting Leicester City defender.
The Latest Leicester City News (Talk Sport) | SportSpyder



Jose Mourinho has been spotted watching Lille face Montpellier in Ligue 1. The 56-year-old has maintained a relatively low profile since being sacked by Manchester United in December. He is
Jose Mourinho: Former Man Utd and Chelsea boss spotted at

Johnson denies the violent conduct charges

Tottenham Hotspur's delay-ridden new stadium will NOT be completed by the end of the season, according to reports. The ground, which was due to be officially opened last September, remains under construction with Spurs continuing to play all their home matches at Wembley.
Arsenal fans convinced Tottenham won't play them at new

Modric is the first Croatian to win the Ballon d’Or and the first player other than Ronaldo or Messi to win it since 2007

Arsenal and Chelsea meet in the second leg of the all-English Champions League quarter-final tonight with all still to play for after a 1-1 draw in the first meeting at Stamford Bridge. It will be

No comments:

Post a Comment