Nabil Bentaleb: Schalke midfielder admits he would still like to be at Tottenham Hotspur

Nabil Bentaleb: Schalke midfielder admits he would still like to be at Tottenham Hotspur
Nabil Bentaleb has admitted that part of him wishes he was still at Tottenham Hotspur.The Algeria international was a regular in the Spurs team during Mauricio Pochettinos first season in charge in 2014.Nabil Bentaleb signed permanently for Schalke in 20172
Nabil Bentaleb signed permanently for Schalke in 2017
An ankle injury at the start of the 2015/16 season kept him out for three months and when he returned to full fitness he could not displace Eric Dier, Mousa Dembele or Dele Alli in midfield.This had a bad impact on his attitude and he did not start another league game for the club.He was loaned to Schalke in 2016 and sold the following season.Bentaleb playing for Tottenham2
Bentaleb playing for Tottenham
I got injured and when I came back, I wanted to play so bad that I had some arguments (with Pochettino), Bentaleb told the Independent. I was a little bit frustrated, and I was learning basically. Being on the bench is a learning curve.I know I made mistakes. But they helped me learn, as a man. And they dont stop me from sleeping at night. And if I was 24 right now, and I had been at Tottenham, I dont think I would make the same mistakes.I would be a hypocrite to say that I would not like to be there, and I am not a hypocrite. But this is football. England gave me the chance, he added. Where I am from, in France, no-one gave that to me. So I am forever grateful to Tottenham, the whole club, the administration.They gave me an opportunity to make my dream, to realise my dream. I grew up from 16 in England, and I left at 20. I spent a lot of time there, made lots of friends. I love that country, I love the football over there.The 24-year-old has kick started his career with the Bundesliga side and is preparing to face Manchester City in the last-16 of the Champions League on Wednesday.

Champions League on talkSPORT

Leroy Sane could line up against his former club when Schalke host Manchester City live on talkSPORT at 20:00 on Wendesday 20 February

Arsenal Women celebrate winning the title

Chelsea have suffered defeat at Goodison Park without scoring a goal for the first time since September 2013, when they lost 0-1 under manager Jose Mourinho. Everton have kept back-to-back home clean sheets in the Premier League for the first time since doing so against Fulham and Crystal Palace back in September and October earlier this season.

Liverpool’s Firmino, Salah, and Mane are one of the best attacking trios in European football
Manchester City 3-1 Arsenal: Sergio Aguero fires Citizens to



Tottenham have made a £53million bid for Real Betis midfielder Giovani Lo Celso. The fee would break Spurs' record signing of Davinson Sanchez - the club paid Ajax £42m for the centre-back back
Breaking news: Tottenham make £53 million bid for Giovani Lo

Alli wasn’t at his best but should have won his side a penalty.

Wayne Rooney angered the same Man City fans (ringed) five years after netting for United by scoring on his Everton return After Rooney netted for United in 2012 in their 3-2 win over their
Memphis Depay Opens Up on Manchester United Exit, Wayne



Fulham have been relegated from the Premier League following a heavy 4-1 defeat at Watford. The Cottagers become the second team to have their Championship status confirmed, three days after Huddersfield's fate was sealed at Crystal Palace.
Watford 4-1 Fulham: Cottagers suffer Premier League

Hudson-Odoi handed in a transfer request on Saturday evening

TOTTENHAM boss Mauricio Pochettino has admitted he is in the dark over Jan Vertonghen following his horrific collision with Toby Alderweireld against Ajax on Tuesday evening which saw him faint on
'Unacceptable' Vertonghen incident shows football is dicing

This Liverpool team were well-beaten by Fulham

Napoli have not received any offers for Tottenham target Allan, according to his agent. The Brazil midfielder has been linked with a £40m switch to Spurs or Juventus but his agent, Juan Arribas
Report: Spurs considering blockbuster bid for Napoli's Allan

Coleman (C) was left incensed by the ‘horrendous’ officiating at display

"I don't need to lick a**, but the fans were just amazing. I remember my first game in the Premier League at Bournemouth, I scored and the fans were singing my song for 45 minutes. 4
'F*ck, this is amazing!' - Ibrahimovic on his Man Utd spell

Van Dijk has become one of the world’s best defenders

Ahead of their game at the weekend, Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is adamant Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be in charge of Manchester United next season. SUBSCRIBE
Jurgen Klopp thinks Ole Gunnar Solskjaer should be the next

The Liverpool captain was overcome with emotion

PARIS (AP) - Luka Modric ended the long reign of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo by winning the Ballon d'Or for the first time on Monday, while another first saw Norwegian forward Ada Hegerberg
Why Lionel Messi And Not Luka Modric Should Have Won The 2018

Bolton fans have campaigned for Anderson to sell their club this season

Bolasie is apparently not in Marco Silva's plans but wants to stay and fight for his place at the Toffees (where ever that may be) - though that's usually just code for "I've got a nice lucrative contract and I'm not taking a penny less than I'm entitled to".
Toffeeweb: Toffee Mail Bag — July 2006

Aurier kept Hazard quiet at Wembley

About our West Ham United news NewsNow aims to be the world's most accurate and comprehensive West Ham United news aggregator, bringing you the latest Hammers headlines from the best West Ham sites and other key regional and national news sources.

Frank Lampard came through the ranks at West Ham and scored 39 goals in 187 appearances for the club before leaving for Chelsea in 2001, aged 23

1 Oct 2014, Headline News covering Business, Sports, Entertainment, Technology and Style from around the world brought to you by 15 Minute News

No comments:

Post a Comment